Skip to main content

My Prayer for Today


My Prayer for Today
    PSALM 5

A Prayer for Guidance

To the Chief Musician. With Flutes. A Psalm of David. 

    1      Give ear to my words, O LORD
          Consider my meditation. 
    2      Give heed to the voice of my cry, 
          My King and my God
          For to You I will pray. 
    3      My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD
          In the morning I will direct it to You
          And I will look up. 

    4      For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness, 
          Nor shall evil dwell with You
    5      The boastful shall not stand in Your sight; 
          You hate all workers of iniquity. 
    6      You shall destroy those who speak falsehood; 
          The LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man. 

    7      But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy; 
          In fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple. 
    8      Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; 
          Make Your way straight before my face. 

    9      For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; 
          Their inward part is destruction; 
          Their throat is an open tomb; 
          They flatter with their tongue. 
    10      Pronounce them guilty, O God
          Let them fall by their own counsels; 
          Cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, 
          For they have rebelled against You

    11      But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You
          Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; 
          Let those also who love Your name 
          Be joyful in You
    12      For YouO LORD, will bless the righteous; 
          With favor You will surround him as with a shield.

The New King James Version (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1982). Ps 5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Furnishings of the Tabernacle

Furnishings of the Tabernacle . ‎The book of Exodus details the construction of the tabernacle and its furnishings. As Yahweh’s sanctuary, the tabernacle served as God’s dwelling place among the Israelites—the expression of the covenant between Yahweh and His people ( Exod 25:8–9 ).

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

A Threshing Floor

A Threshing Floor In the ancient world, farmers used threshing floors to separate grain from its inedible husk (chaff) by beating it with a flail or walking animals on it—sometimes while towing a threshing sledge. Sledges were fitted with flint teeth to dehusk the grain more quickly. Other workers would turn the grain over so that it would be evenly threshed by the sledge.