Skip to main content

Mundy's Quote for the Day

      

Mundy's Quote for the Day

Reverend Lynwood F. Mundy

Praise to God for His Everlasting Mercy

Psalm 118:1, 46-8, 16-18, 24-26a, 28-29

      1      Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
    For His mercy endures forever.

      4      Let those who fear the LORD now say,
    “His mercy endures forever.”

      6      The LORD is on my side;
    I will not fear.
    What can man do to me?
      7      The LORD is for me among those who help me;
    Therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me.
      8      It is better to trust in the LORD
    Than to put confidence in man.

    16      The right hand of the LORD is exalted;
    The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
    17      I shall not die, but live,
    And declare the works of the LORD.
    18      The LORD has chastened me severely,
    But He has not given me over to death.

    24      This is the day the LORD has made;
    We will rejoice and be glad in it.
    25      Save now, I pray, O LORD;
    O LORD, I pray, send now prosperity.
    26      Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD! ...

    28      You are my God, and I will praise You;
    You are my God, I will exalt You.
    29      Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
    For His mercy endures forever.


The New King James Version. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1982. Print.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Furnishings of the Tabernacle

Furnishings of the Tabernacle . ‎The book of Exodus details the construction of the tabernacle and its furnishings. As Yahweh’s sanctuary, the tabernacle served as God’s dwelling place among the Israelites—the expression of the covenant between Yahweh and His people ( Exod 25:8–9 ).

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

A Threshing Floor

A Threshing Floor In the ancient world, farmers used threshing floors to separate grain from its inedible husk (chaff) by beating it with a flail or walking animals on it—sometimes while towing a threshing sledge. Sledges were fitted with flint teeth to dehusk the grain more quickly. Other workers would turn the grain over so that it would be evenly threshed by the sledge.