Skip to main content

Sunday School Lesson, Outline of the





March 15
Lesson 3
THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH

DEVOTIONAL READING: 1 Samuel 3:1–10
BACKGROUND SCRIPTURE: John 16:4b–15


JOHN 16:4B–15


4b These things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.


Graphic: Hemera/Thinkstock

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.



KEY VERSE
I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
John 16:7

THE SPIRIT COMES

Unit 1: The Pledge of God’s Presence
LESSONS 1–5

LESSON AIMS

After participating in this lesson, each learner will be able to:
1. Describe the work of the Holy Spirit.
2. Explain the significance of the apostles’ receiving truth from the Holy Spirit.
3. Make a plan to read the entire Bible, inspired of God’s Spirit, in the year 2015.

LESSON OUTLINE

Introduction
      A.      Exposed!
      B.      Lesson Background
          I.      Coming of the Spirit (JOHN 16:4b–7)
      A.      Preparation and Grief (vv. 4b–6)
      B.      Promise and Sequence (v. 7)
          II.      Work of the Spirit (JOHN 16:8–11)
      A.      Regarding Sin (vv. 8, 9)
      Clarifying Agent
      B.      Regarding Righteousness (v. 10)
      C.      Regarding Judgment (v. 11)
          III.      Testimony of the Spirit (JOHN 16:12–15)
      A.      About Truth (vv. 12, 13a)
      B.      From Jesus (vv. 13b–15)
      Flatland
Conclusion
      A.      The Pledge of God’s Presence
      B.      Prayer
      C.      Thought to Remember

HOW TO SAY IT

Immanuel
Ih-man-you-el.
Isaiah
Eye-zay-uh.
Judas Iscariot
Joo-dus Iss-care-ee-ut.


Boles, Kenneth L., Vicki Edwards, et al. “The Spirit of Truth.” The KJV Standard Lesson Commentary, 2014–2015. Ed. Ronald L. Nickelson and Jonathan Underwood. Vol. 62. Cincinnati, OH: Standard Publishing, 2014. 246. Print.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Furnishings of the Tabernacle

Furnishings of the Tabernacle . ‎The book of Exodus details the construction of the tabernacle and its furnishings. As Yahweh’s sanctuary, the tabernacle served as God’s dwelling place among the Israelites—the expression of the covenant between Yahweh and His people ( Exod 25:8–9 ).

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

A Threshing Floor

A Threshing Floor In the ancient world, farmers used threshing floors to separate grain from its inedible husk (chaff) by beating it with a flail or walking animals on it—sometimes while towing a threshing sledge. Sledges were fitted with flint teeth to dehusk the grain more quickly. Other workers would turn the grain over so that it would be evenly threshed by the sledge.