Skip to main content

The KJV Commentary International Sunday school Lesson

September 24
Lesson 4 (KJV)
Spirit-Filled Heart
Devotional Reading: Isaiah 43:14–21
Background Scripture: Ezekiel 36; 37; Titus 3:1–11
Ezekiel 36:22–32
22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, saith the Lord God, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
31 Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
32 Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord God, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.


Graphic: Kristina Vingelevskaya / Hemera / Thinkstock
Key Verse
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Ezekiel 36:26
Covenant with God
Unit 1: Signs of God’s Covenants
Lessons 1–4
Lesson Aims
After participating in this lesson, each learner will be able to:
1. Summarize Ezekiel’s message of hope for the exiles in Babylon.
2. Explain how feeling shame for one’s sins can help the forgiven to lead lives of purity.
3. Identify one improvement to be made that will better exemplify the presence of God’s indwelling Spirit in his or her life and make a plan for change.
Lesson Outline
Introduction
A. It Just Sounds Better
B. Lesson Background
I. Holy Name (Ezekiel 36:22–24)
A. Profaned (v. 22)
B. Sanctified (vv. 23, 24)
Sanctifying His Name
II. Holy People (Ezekiel 36:25–27)
A. From Filthy to Clean (v. 25)
B. From Stone to Flesh (v. 26)
C. From Disobedience to Obedience (v. 27)
III. Fertile Land (Ezekiel 36:28–30)
A. Land of Fathers (v. 28)
B. Absence of Famine (vv. 29, 30)
IV. Repentant People (Ezekiel 36:31, 32)
A. Ashamed (v. 31)
Loathing … What?
B. Confounded (v. 32)
Conclusion
A. Learning to Blush
B. Prayer
C. Thought to Remember
HOW TO SAY IT
Assyria

Uh-sear-ee-uh.

Babylon

Bab-uh-lun.

Babylonian

Bab-ih-low-nee-un.

Canaan

Kay-nun.

Ezekiel

Ee-zeek-ee-ul or Ee-zeek-yul.

Gentiles

Jen-tiles.

heathen

hee-thun.

Judeans

Joo-dee-unz.

Leviticus

Leh-vit-ih-kus.


 Underwood, Jonathan, Charles R. Boatman, and Ronald G. Davis. “Spirit-Filled Heart.” The KJV Standard Lesson Commentary, 2017–2018. Ed. Jim Eichenberger et al. Vol. 65. Colorado Springs, CO: Standard Publishing, 2017. 33–35. Print.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Furnishings of the Tabernacle

Furnishings of the Tabernacle . ‎The book of Exodus details the construction of the tabernacle and its furnishings. As Yahweh’s sanctuary, the tabernacle served as God’s dwelling place among the Israelites—the expression of the covenant between Yahweh and His people ( Exod 25:8–9 ).

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

A Threshing Floor

A Threshing Floor In the ancient world, farmers used threshing floors to separate grain from its inedible husk (chaff) by beating it with a flail or walking animals on it—sometimes while towing a threshing sledge. Sledges were fitted with flint teeth to dehusk the grain more quickly. Other workers would turn the grain over so that it would be evenly threshed by the sledge.