Skip to main content

Friday - Scripture Lesson

Examine Yourself as You Run the Race for Lord as the Apostle Paul

Rev. Lynwood F. Mundy

1 Corinthians 9:19–27

19 For (ver. 1; [ch. 10:29]) though I am free from all, [Gal. 5:13I have made myself a servant to all, that I might (Matt. 18:15; 1 Pet. 3:1win more of them. 20 (Acts 16:3; 21:23–26To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law. 21 To (Rom. 2:12, 14those outside the law I became [Gal. 2:3; 3:2as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but (See ch. 7:22under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law. 22 (2 Cor. 11:29) To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. (ch. 10:33) I have become all things to all people, that (ch. 7:16; Rom. 11:14by all means I might save some. 23 I do it all for the sake of the gospel[ch. 10:24that I may share with them in its blessings
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives (Phil. 3:14; Col. 2:18the prize? So (Gal. 2:2; 5:7; Phil. 2:16; Heb. 12:1; [2 Tim. 4:7]) run that you may obtain it. 25 Every (1 Tim. 6:12; 2 Tim. 2:5; 4:7; [Jude 3]) athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we (See James 1:12an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I [Heb. 12:4do not box as one [ch. 14:9]) beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and [Rom. 6:19keep it under control Greek I pummel my body and make it a slave lest after preaching to others [Song 1:6I myself should be [Jer. 6:30; Rom. 1:28; Heb. 6:8disqualified. 


 The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016. Print.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Furnishings of the Tabernacle

Furnishings of the Tabernacle . ‎The book of Exodus details the construction of the tabernacle and its furnishings. As Yahweh’s sanctuary, the tabernacle served as God’s dwelling place among the Israelites—the expression of the covenant between Yahweh and His people ( Exod 25:8–9 ).

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

A Threshing Floor

A Threshing Floor In the ancient world, farmers used threshing floors to separate grain from its inedible husk (chaff) by beating it with a flail or walking animals on it—sometimes while towing a threshing sledge. Sledges were fitted with flint teeth to dehusk the grain more quickly. Other workers would turn the grain over so that it would be evenly threshed by the sledge.