Skip to main content

Lord's Day - International KJV Sunday school Lesson

March 29
Lesson 5 (KJV)
Need for Just Leaders
Devotional Reading:Psalm 50:1–15
Background Scripture:Malachi 2; 3
Malachi 2:1–9
1 And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.
2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hostsI will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.
4 And ye shall know that have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the Lord of hosts.
My covenant was with him of life and peace, and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me and was afraid before my name.
6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.
7 For the priest’s lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.
8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the Lord of hosts.
9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.
Malachi 3:5, 6
5 And I will come near to you to judgment, and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts.
6 For I am the LordI change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Key Verse
If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hostsI will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.Malachi 2:2
Justice and the Prophets
Unit 1: God Requires Justice
Lessons 1–5
Lesson Aims
After participating in this lesson, each learner will be able to:
1. Describe the conduct of the Judean priesthood of the late fifth century BC.
2. Explain why God held the priesthood to a high standard.
3. Create a plan to improve one aspect of his or her own priestly ministry (1 Peter 2:5).
Lesson Outline
Introduction
A. A Model for Leadership
B. Lesson Context
I. Failing the Call (Malachi 2:1–9)
A. Hear the Lord (vv. 1–4)
Take That!
B. Fear the Lord (vv. 5–7)
Reliable Delivery
C. Follow the Lord (vv. 8, 9)
II. Renewing the Call (Malachi 3:5, 6)
A. Trying Offenders (v. 5)
B. Unchanging God (v. 6)
Conclusion
A. “Familiarity Breeds Contempt”
B. Prayer
C. Thought to Remember
HOW TO SAY IT
Artaxerxes

Are-tuh-zerk-seez.

Levites

Lee-vites.

Levitical

Leh-vit-ih-kul.

Malachi

Mal-uh-kye.

Nehemiah

Nee-huh-my-uh.

Persia

Per-zhuh.

Shechem

Shee-kem or Shek-em.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Furnishings of the Tabernacle

Furnishings of the Tabernacle . ‎The book of Exodus details the construction of the tabernacle and its furnishings. As Yahweh’s sanctuary, the tabernacle served as God’s dwelling place among the Israelites—the expression of the covenant between Yahweh and His people ( Exod 25:8–9 ).

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

A Threshing Floor

A Threshing Floor In the ancient world, farmers used threshing floors to separate grain from its inedible husk (chaff) by beating it with a flail or walking animals on it—sometimes while towing a threshing sledge. Sledges were fitted with flint teeth to dehusk the grain more quickly. Other workers would turn the grain over so that it would be evenly threshed by the sledge.