Skip to main content

Friday - Today's Scripture Lesson - NKJV, Logos

 By: Rev. Lynwood F. Mundy

Psalm 86:1-13

Prayer for Mercy, with Meditation on the Excellencies of the Lord

86:title A Prayer of David.

1 Bow down Your ear, O Lord, hear me;

For I am poor and needy.

2 Preserve my (Litsoullife, for I am holy;

You are my God;

Save Your servant who trusts in You!

3 Be merciful to me, O Lord,

For I cry to You all day long.

4 (Make glad) Rejoice the soul of Your servant,

(Ps. 25:1; 143:8For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.

5 For (Ps. 130:7; 145:9; [Joel 2:13]) You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,

And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.

6 Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;

And attend to the voice of my supplications.

7 In the day of my trouble, I will call upon You,

For You will answer me.

8 ([Ex. 15:11]; 2 Sam. 7:22; 1 Kin. 8:23; Ps. 89:6; Jer. 10:6Among the gods there is none like You, O Lord;

Nor are there any works like Your works.

9 All nations whom You have made

Shall come and worship before You, O Lord,

And shall glorify Your name.

10 For You are great, and [Ex. 15:11do wondrous things;

(Deut. 6:4; Is. 37:16; Mark 12:29; 1 Cor. 8:4You alone are God.

11 (Ps. 27:11; 143:8Teach me Your way, O Lord;

I will walk in Your truth;

(Give me singleness of heart) Unite my heart to fear Your name.

12 I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,

And I will glorify Your name forevermore.

13 For great is Your mercy toward me,

And You have delivered my soul from the depths of (The abode of the dead) Sheol.


The New King James Version. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1982. Print.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Furnishings of the Tabernacle

Furnishings of the Tabernacle . ‎The book of Exodus details the construction of the tabernacle and its furnishings. As Yahweh’s sanctuary, the tabernacle served as God’s dwelling place among the Israelites—the expression of the covenant between Yahweh and His people ( Exod 25:8–9 ).

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

The Ten Plagues of Egypt

A Threshing Floor

A Threshing Floor In the ancient world, farmers used threshing floors to separate grain from its inedible husk (chaff) by beating it with a flail or walking animals on it—sometimes while towing a threshing sledge. Sledges were fitted with flint teeth to dehusk the grain more quickly. Other workers would turn the grain over so that it would be evenly threshed by the sledge.