Tuesday - Today's Scripture Lesson - NKJV, Logos
Therefore I remind you (1 Tim. 4:14) to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
7 For (John 14:27; Rom. 8:15; 1 John 4:18) God has not given us a spirit of fear, [Acts 1:8] but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Not Ashamed of the Gospel
8 ([Mark 8:38; Luke 9:26; Rom. 1:16]; 2 Tim. 1:12, 16) Therefore do not be ashamed of (1 Tim. 2:6) the testimony of our Lord, nor of me (Eph. 3:1; 2 Tim. 1:16) His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God,
9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, ([Rom. 3:20]; Eph. 2:8, 9) not according to our works, but (Rom. 8:28) according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
10 but (Eph. 1:9) has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
11 (Acts 9:15) to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher (NU omits of the Gentiles) of the Gentiles.
12 For this reason, I also suffer these things; nevertheless, I am not ashamed, (1 Pet. 4:19) for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
The New King James Version. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1982. Print.
Comments