Day 5 - Today's critter Lesson - NKJV, Logos

 By: Rev. Lynwood F. Mundy

John 10:1-10

“I Am the Good Shepherd”

10:1 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 

2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 

3 To him, the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; he calls his own sheep by (John 20:16) name and leads them out. 

4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 

5 Yet they will by no means follow a [2 Cor. 11:13–15] stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” 

6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.

7 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 

8 All who ever came (M omits before Me) before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 

9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved and go in and out and find pasture. [John 14:6; Eph. 2:18]  10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.


 The New King James Version. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1982. Print.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Century - Israelite House

Herod's Temple on the Temple Mount